Here’s another one of Tanveer Naseer’s blog post on leadership that’s worth book marking.
A summary of the topics covered in this article on “The Role Leaders Play in Developing Great Teams” is provided below. I have also included a link to the blog post. The highlights of the article are:
- Make time to build relationships with the people you lead
- Give your team a platform to voice their concerns
- Freely share information to improve discourse and ideation process
- Focus on the team and not yourself
- Learning is a never ending process
Here are a few more points in addition to the ones mentioned by Tanveer:
- Leadership is about bringing about positive change
- As a leader, you’ll be called upon to make tough decisions. Build the courage and stand by your decisions.
- Focus on growing your people. They are your greatest assets.
- Create opportunities for team members to display and talk about their ideas, suggestions and innovation. Innovation is key to your survival.
- Give your team members an opportunity to work on pet projects that challenge them to be creative in a way that can positively influence your business and the community you serve
- Focus on creating a culture that encourages innovation and provides team members the required support to take their ideas and concepts to the next level
- Give your team members credit where due
- Focus on making work a fun and foster learning every step of the way. Give your team members a creative and friendly environment to work in. You’ll find them walking the extra mile.
Each of the points mentioned above warrants detailed discussion and reflection which I will reserve for future blog posts. To read Tanveer Naseer’s article on “The Role Leaders Play in Developing Great Teams” please click here - Link to the Article
About Tanveer Naseer – Tanveer Naseer describes himself as a Business Coach, Writer, Creative Motivator, Facilitator and Solution Finder. Tanveer also runs one of the most widely read leadership blogs at www.tanveernaseer.com